Friday, July 3, 2009

Thing 6: Mash-ups, Flicker apps and picture stuff

Wow, there sure is a lot to this flicker stuff. I looked at several of the sites and went through so many of these applications that make use of ficker or my own pictures. It could take days and weeks to go through all of this stuff. I particularly liked the calendar feature on bighugelabs.com.
I made a calendar page for myself.

How might I use this with my student teachers? I could produce a calendar of the fall semester months and try to put significant events on the calendar. The events would be related to school and thier student teaching responsibilities.

I would also like to show them the trading card feature because there are so many ways teachers of any grade might use the trading card idea.

2 comments:

  1. how about making a trading card sample...maybe share your roses with us in that way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trading Cards are my favorite - they can be used in so many ways. My 4th & 5th grade bloggers love the cartoons. I found I could use them to teach sentance structure.

    ReplyDelete